Thursday, March 6, 2014

save with jamie - beef rendang

Another new experience from Save with Jamie is his recipe for Beef Rendang. I didn't really have high hopes for this dinner based on first impressions, but, boy what a surprise this one was!

I've never tried rendang before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is one recipe I'll go for anytime there is leftover beef. My goodness, Jamie wasn't kidding when he indicates it is touted as one of the tastiest foods in the world. A lot of the flavour is built from ginger, garlic, cilantro, turmeric and cinnamon. Then more flavour, body and richness is built from the leftover gravy and coconut milk. And it was exciting that such little effort and time produced such spectacular results. This is the sort of dish I'd order in a restaurant and be very happy with. As you can tell, I really could not get over this meal and if anyone has Save with Jamie I highly recommend trying this recipe.

No comments: