Saturday, March 20, 2010

jam-filled french toast

The perfect Saturday morning treat was making Jam-Filled French Toast this morning. I've never made a stuffed french toast before and after trying this I doubt I'll make it any other way again. This was so amazing!


We used the left over bread from yesterday's open-face roast beef sandwich. I bought a country miche loaf at Panera Bread in Amherst NY yesterday specifically for these two recipes. You need to be able to cut very thick slices of bread in order to stuff the slices. The stuffing is a mixture of cream cheese and apricot jam. Now, you can use any type of jam for this, but apricot jam gives a very non-invasive sweet cream flavour. It is really lovely and you'd never think the filling was a combo of these two ingredients since they blend so nicely.

I can't wait to make this again, we just need some overnight guests!

No comments: