Saturday, March 6, 2010

linguine with cauliflower and brown butter

Since it was Friday night I figured we could have one of the more indulgent recipes from the book, Linguine with Cauliflower and Brown Butter. One of the things that cooking from Everyday Food has taught me over the years is that pasta is so much better when you don't use jars of tomato sauce. This recipe uses butter, cooking liquid from the pasta and parmesan for the sauce. It was good, not overwhelming in flavour, but nice. I actually had a bit of difficulty even detecting the sage which is uncommon when adding herbs to dishes. Maybe because the parsley is a much stronger flavour. I liked the added touch of bread crumbs at the end which gave the dish a great texture. This one I'm not quite sure I'll make again since there wasn't quite the payoff butter, pasta and parmesan tend to bring to food.

No comments: