Sunday, September 5, 2010

pomegranate and mixed berry smoothie and walnut and dried-fruit granola

I was wrong when a week ago I said that the Peach-Strawberry Smoothie was the final of the four Everyday Food smoothies. I forgot about the Pomegranate and Mixed Berry Smoothie!

This one is unlike the previous three. It tastes like the sort of smoothie you'd buy at a high end coffee shop. The flavour is all its own without one single element overpowering the others. I loved it but may not make it again only because - well, has anyone bought Pom drink before? Five bucks for this tiny bottle? Geez. It was through this drink that I discovered Owen loves tofu! Silken tofu mixes great with peaches and adds a little extra protein to Owen's fruit servings.

The other recipe I knocked down this week was the Walnut and Dried-Fruit Granola. What can I say but this really is delicious. I'm not a big granola eater, I'm not sure why, but I think it's because I have a love affair with cereal. This granola took quite a bit of time to prepare because it's all done in steps in the oven. For the dried fruit selection I used what was in my baking stash which includes dates, raisins and my personal favourite, dried cherries!

No comments: