Wednesday, March 3, 2010

braised chicken with shallots

To kick things off with the Everyday Food book, I made Braised Chicken with Shallots last night. This recipe was very simple and inexpensive to make. I haven't done much meat browning before (does taco beef count?), so this was a bit of a new experience. I have roasted shallots on several occasions and LOVE them (if you haven't tried them, you must!). That's probably why I chose this recipe first. I also chose it because it's a winter warm-up sort of dish.

Well, not really much of a looker, but it tasted quite good. I had planned on serving this over egg noodles but didn't have quite enough so I opted to serve over basmati rice instead. That was probably the better choice anyhow because the rice absorbed the sauce which is something we really liked.

I would make this again in the future because it was fairly easy although somewhat time consuming since it's a stew. However, it made so much I feel it can really stretch out your dollar and time.

No comments: