Wednesday, May 26, 2010

pork and soba noodle salad and leeks vinaigrette

I neglected to mention in my last entry that this week's dinner choices are brought to us by Nuno. He has some flavour-foresight because these first few meals he's chosen have been so crazy good.

This is Pork and Soba Noodle Salad. I made two pork tenderloins on Monday so that the second could be used in this salad. I've had trouble with soba noodles in the past. Last year I cooked them according to the package directions and they were complete mush! This time around I tasted after a minute of cooking and they were good to go. The seasoning in this recipe is so spot-on. I'll be making this one again for sure.

The leeks are looking great at the farmer's market right now, so I picked up a couple batches. Leeks have a very subdue onion flavour and this Leeks Vinaigrette recipe makes you feel like your not chowing down on a huge onion. It is really quite delicious and, again, seasoned really well. Since it was a really warm day and we haven't revved up the A/C yet this meal was a real bonus because both items are served cold.

No comments: