Thursday, May 20, 2010

full fledged foodie blog

I started thinking about my blog and how it's now turned into a foodie blog. I was worried it would become an obsessed baby blog, but I like there are two main focus' now. I can't help but always discuss food because I feel as though I'm learning so much and trying new things while on maternity, I really want to be able to reference my knowledge in the future when I return to work.

My good friend Karissa let me know about a sale at the Book Depot on all their cookbooks. I stumbled in a couple days ago and managed to walk out with 9 cookbooks for just over $40.00. This sale came right in time for learning to feed Owen. I've read my own cookbooks and found some to be a little dated and misinformed. Nigella Lawson's "How to Eat" in particular confused me. She's my absolute favourite, but her baby weaning advice was just not aligned to the way I plan on feeding Owen. What she lacks in current advice she more than makes up for in her humours commentary. So I guess I have to take all this literature with a grain of salt. I've found the best approach is to reference current, Canadian medical advice.

One book I picked up which I'm super excited about is Lucinda Scala Quinn's book, "Mad Hungry".

Lucinda is a staple to Everyday Food and she released this book mere months ago and I found it hard cover for $4.00. If I had my shit together I would have bought this off Amazon when it was first released, but luckily I had other priorities delaying my personal shopping. This book outlines tips for feeding the men in your life and with Nuno and Owen this book seems totally appropriate for my current family situation. I can't wait to get into it.

No comments: