Friday, April 30, 2010

tilapia with arugula and tomatoes and baked polenta fries

Here is last night's Tilapia with Arugula and Tomatoes and Baked Polenta Fries.

I managed to knock off two recipes for this meal. When I chose to make the tilapia dish it was perfect because I had to use up the rest of the arugula and tomatoes in the fridge before they went bad and the rest of the ingredients were in my pantry & freezer. Inspired by the Italian ingredients in this dish I wanted something else to make this meal more substantial so I decided on baked polenta fries. I like how these two dishes went together, but I won't make this again. The only thing I liked about the meal was the way the fish was seasoned and cooked. Arugula and tomatoes were not all that great and quite bitter. The polenta fries were just not worth it. They get stuck in your teeth as you eat them which annoyed me. I did enjoy working with polenta though. The texture was really cool and I'll definitely try and find a new recipe which will give me a chance to cook again with polenta.

No comments: