Wednesday, September 8, 2010

blt salad with buttermilk dressing

Last night I made this BLT Salad with Buttermilk Dressing.

When I was expecting Owen nothing could satisfy my cravings for sandwiches. I had to be very careful with lunch meat, but BLT’s were full-tilt. And yes this salad does channel a good BLT sandwich. So this salad is a real flash-back to those wonderful cravings that made pregnancy fun.

The recipe calls for bacon and croutons to be prepped in the oven, I opted for the pan fry method again. Still a total success and maybe a little nicer only because it was quicker and didn’t heat the house (felt like 86 degrees on Tuesday!) The homemade croutons were quite nice because of a seasoned toasted bread flavour. A nice departure from the break-apart-into-a-million-pieces store bought croutons.

The buttermilk dressing is very creamy but I do enjoy ranch quite a bit more. I also found this salad needed lots of pepper, probably because of the tomatoes. Speaking of which, the recipe called for cherry tomatoes but we used fresh field tomatoes which were so great in this.

No comments: