Tuesday, September 21, 2010

pasta with sausage, swiss chard and pine nuts

Last night we tried the Pasta with Sausage, Swiss Chard & Pine Nuts.

Months ago I made the side of Swiss Chard, Raisins & Pine Nuts and to my total surprise I discovered this is an amazing flavour combination. Then and there I decided to spread out the love and hold back on making this pasta recipe (as much as I wanted to jump into instant gratification!). Well, yesterday was the day to go ahead and enjoy!

I purchased the Italian sausage at Country Corner Market (located at Quaker Rd. & Clare Ave. in Welland/Fonthill). They are my favourite place to pick up fresh sausage and purchased just one because they are 9oz per single portion! This is a very creative take on a pasta and I can see us making this very often in the fall & winter months.

No comments: