Thursday, June 16, 2011

beef tacos with avocado and radish salsa

This week is gearing up for Father's Day. I'm always treated to one extraordinary mother's day after another, so it isn't hard to be inspired to return the favour. One of the best ways I know how to make Nuno happy is to make him some great eats. So I asked him to gear up the BBQ, it's going to be a grilling week. 
 

This past weekend I made homemade barbque sauce and planned Monday's meal of baby back ribs. Next up were a couple rib eye steaks! With the leftover rib eye's I made Beef Tacos with Radish and Avocado Salsa from Everyday Food. This recipe calls for skirt steak but it was sold out, so I decided to live it up and enjoy the first barbeque of the season in style with a great cut of beef, so rib eye it was!



Nuno absolutley loved this dinner where I thought it was just OK. The salsa has a really fresh & nice flavour with lime, cilantro and pickled jalapenos (my new favourite condiment!!). It could definitely work as a vegetarian option because the salsa is so flavourful. This entire dinner was super quick and easy to make. And if you're using leftover beef this entire meal goes from fridge to plate in no more than 15 minutes. We ate it cold and will probably have it this way throughout the summer.

Super colourful dinner!

No comments: