Tuesday, August 16, 2011

turkey cobb salad

Everytime I think I've discovered my favourite salad, I try a new one and proclaim, "No, this is my favourite." So there is a new one in contention here and it's Everyday Food Great Food Fast's Turkey Cobb Salad.
To have come this far along in recipe experimentation and have not made a cobb salad yet still surprises me. So this is our first and without much experience I made alterations to the recipe based on my personal tastes. First off, we didn't include bacon (hey, after Montreal we had to cut out a few things to get back on track). Secondly I made my own dressing with the leftover buttermilk from the previous night's chicken, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, dijon and s&p (all ingredients eyeballed).

With fresh field tomatoes, Boston lettuce, cubed deli turkey, hard boiled eggs, avocado and the star of the salad - Blue Cheese, this is a fantastic salad. With all the revisions I made to this recipe I wouldn't make it any other way in the future.

No comments: