Monday, December 6, 2010

chocolate-peanut butter pie

Here it is, the final recipe left to complete of all 250 in Everyday Food, Fresh Flavour Fast. And what a way to go out with this Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie. I've declared my love for all banana baked goods, but peanut butter rates a very close second and this pie is the epitome of pleasure.

One reason this one was held back was because it called for gelatin, which I'd never purchased before. I spent quite a few grocery store visits walking up and down the baking isle trying to find gelatin. Then it dawned on me to check the same area where you find Jell-O and, of course, there it was.

This is a pie for people who don't like to bake pies. No oven, just a food processor and fridge. Kinda like those icebox concoctions I became addicted to in the summer, this is a fancier variation on the same concept. 

The suggested garnish on this pie is crushed peanuts but I happened to pick up a new President's Choice treat - mini peanut butter cups which were perfect for this. Then, just to go out with a bang with this one, I bought a 'Big Cup' Reese Peanut Butter Cup for the centre. Love!

1 comment:

alicia said...

congratulations on finishing the book erin! that pie looks a-ma-zing. pretty much anything with pb cups on it is ok in my books!

the invite to be my personal chef is still open by the way.