Monday, March 15, 2010

orange cornmeal cake

We visited the in-laws yesterday, so I baked the Orange Cornmeal Cake to bring.

It was kind of hard to grab a snapshot of the cake in front of everyone. I didn't get a photo of how the cake was plated but it included slices of orange mixed with marmalade. The garnish wasn't necessary in my opinion, but then again, I'm a girl who doesn't eat icing on cake.

This recipe is quite different than any cake baking I've baked before. It calls for olive oil and white wine - a savory cake then? It was actually quite sweet from the sugar and orange zest. It was very easy and very good. Very light with a crunchy top. I have a brother-in-law who is lactose intolerant and doesn't usually eat any dessert, but this cake is dairy-free so it was nice to bring something he could enjoy as well.

No comments: