Thursday, August 12, 2010

pork ribs with barbecue sauce

Owen's not the only one who gets to eat with his hands. Last night's dinner of Pork Ribs with Barbecue Sauce and Corn on the Cob meant that no utensils were needed.

The rack of pork back ribs were from Lococo's, which to my surprise, were on sale this week. All this barbecuing is awesome. It's the taste of summer through and through. I'm handing Nuno the meat and he's returning with the most perfectly executed bbq'd dinners. These ribs were no exception. I've been to many rib-fests in my time, but this recipe should be entered into one. I don't use that statement lightly because my dad can make a mean rack of ribs (slowly braised in the oven and then sauced and seared on his Weber grill). Last night's ribs were of the best quality and the time it took to make them was well worth it.

The barbecue sauce was my effort toward the meal. It was made from scratch, but very quick and easy all with pantry ingredients. My favourite part is the charred bits from the sauce which gave an almost caramelized flavour to the ribs.

Eating with our hands didn't stop at dinner. Here are Rocket Pops from the August issue of Everyday Food for dessert. Since we are always processing and pureeing fruits, it made sense to make these. Great way to use up the very last in a coming due container of yogurt and the last few fruits which are starting to seem a bit mushy. The pop in my hand is strawberry/blueberry and Nuno's is kiwi/mango.

No comments: