Wednesday, August 25, 2010

jerk chicken with cucumber and watermelon salad

Last night we had Jerk Chicken with Cucumber & Watermelon Salad.

This meal was just not to my taste at all. I am not really much of a fan of any of these foods, so to have them put together in one meal - well, I'll just pass. Nuno and Owen seemed to enjoy this dinner though. Owen had a chicken leg without jerk seasoning and an unseasoned portion of the cucumber and watermelon salad.
I really am intrigued by jerk seasoning because it tasted pretty good. But if I make it in the future I'll have to find a way of grilling a skinless & boneless piece of meat (which to make it work is a near impossible feat, right?)


While I'm blogging about Everyday Food's take on Jamaican food, I have to mention about a new 'tropical' treat on the market. M&M's Coconut.

I'm trying to remember if I shamelessly blogged about my love affair with the new M&M's Pretzels. I never eat M&M's but I'm now a convert with the pretzel candies they just released. I was buying them in the US, but they are now available in Canada. But I don't think the limited edition M&M's Coconut are available here. I picked up a few packs on the request of my Aunt who had trouble finding them on a recent cross border shopping trip. I had a lot of trouble finding them as well. Target, Wegmans and Walmart didn't have them. Then on my way back home I took a chance at a gas station and there they were. The taste takes a little getting used to. At first I thought it tasted like Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen exploded on M&M's in my beach bag. But after a while I was getting a chocolate coconut tart type of flavour. Total novelty, like all candy I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I like your description of the taste of the new M&Ms! Funny, I was going to ask you if you'd tried the pretzel ones as they were sold out of those at Target and I'd heard they were good!!
Maryanne