Sunday, September 19, 2010

baked pork cutlets with sauteed spinach and shiitakes

Here is Baked Pork Cutlets with Sauteed Spinach and Shiitakes.

Making this meal was like running a three ring circus. It might have just been one of those days, but picture this: At a critical dinner making moment the dog is extra loopy, Owen is finding every little bit of trouble to lurk into, I'm trying to bread pork and my fingers are gummy and breaded, butter is starting to overheat on the stove, spinach is wilting fast and Owen's dinner is on my mind. Because of this mayhem I don't think I enjoyed this meal simply because I just wanted to get out of the kitchen! Did I not mention how many pots, pans and dishes this meal used? But since that was now a few days ago I can say that this dinner was good and average. I think the flavoured butter was what gave this lack-luster dinner a needed boost.

I don't understand what the big deal with panko bread crumbs are. It's kind of a fake way to make something crispy, but I find they are really sharp and mouth piercing making me feel like I'm eating shards of glass. What's wrong with just regular toasty breading?


Between the Moo Shu Pork and this dinner I have single-handedly put Fresh Co. out of shiitake mushrooms. I even had a Shiitake Fried Rice dinner planned which I had to scrap because of the mushroom depletion. Blessing in disguise I guess because it gave me a much needed break.

No comments: