Sunday, April 4, 2010

roasted vegetable pizza

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it!

I've been busy baking, yard work, stroller walking and visiting family. Tonight is dinner at my parents and I'll be blogging about my baking hopefully tomorrow.

To keep up with the Everyday Food dinners we had Roasted Vegetable Pizza last night. The roasted vegetables are a mix of garlic, red onion, new potatoes, butternut squash and carrots. After they are roasted they are the topping of a pizza which also includes ricotta cheese and mozzarella.

Look delicious? Yes! I have to give props to Nuno for taking care of the pizza making. Years ago he made the most delicious pizzas at a restaurant in Brampton, so I knew he was a better candidate for completing this meal. When eating this pizza I felt like it needed more flavour. It reminded me a bit of the Spicy Perogy Pizza at Boston Pizza. So to spice it up we discovered adding Frank's hot sauce was a great accompaniment. Even hot pepper flakes were a great addition.

No comments: