Wednesday, June 30, 2010

asian chicken soup and lentils with carrots and spinach

Here is our super-healthy dinner last night. Asian Chicken Soup with a side of Lentils with Carrots and Spinach.



This is the first meal where I can say all the produce was locally grown! Yep, all our produce needs are in season right now and it feels pretty good to not have to rely on the supermarket for items like snow peas. Speaking of which, are so much larger and bountiful at the farmer's market than at the grocery store.

When it comes to making the Asian Chicken Soup in the future
I feel that the vegetables in the soup could be chopped a little smaller and Nuno thinks a little more fresh ginger would be nice. I might even skip using soba noodles because I'm so finicky about the done-ness of these noodles and it's impossible to control that in a soup.
As for the lentil dish, I really don't think this could serve 4 people. We blitzed a portion for Owen and managed to finish the rest of it between us. This is the sort of side dish I'd love to have the next day for lunch, so I'll be doubling it next time around.

No comments: