Sunday, June 27, 2010

online recipe resources

I've come across a couple great sites for recipes that I'm so excited to share!

The first is Kraft Canada's 'What's Cooking' magazine online.
Dating back to their early issues in 2000, Kraft has compiled all their recipes they published in What's Cooking and organized them according to issue. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time browsing around, but here is the link.

The second is Everyday Food's Online Recipe Index. I've never seen anything like this on the internet before. It's set up like a digital magazine recipe index.

They have published a couple digest recipe indexes before and I use mine all the time! It really helps maximize the use of all the Everyday Food back issues. But to have one now online, well, this one is so far superior to the printed copies. It is sorted alphabetically by keyword and if the recipe is online links are provided. I could spend hours browsing this index because not only is it full of recipes, the back pages provide their How-To's.With both hard and online copies I use it mostly for searching by key ingredients. The clever catch here is that in order to access it you must be an Everyday Food magazine subscriber. I highly recommend checking this site if you can get on it. Here's the link.

No comments: