Monday, February 27, 2012

crispy apricot pork chops with baby broccoli with orange sauce

I'm not sure where to begin with this dinner. I suppose this Crispy Apricot Pork Chops with Baby Broccoli with Orange Sauce from Great Food Fast had potential to be tasty. Next to spaghetti squash, I also have a strong aversion to pork chops. But I had hoped that this would breathe life into my close-minded opinion.
This dinner made a whole lot of mess in the kitchen from the food processor, to baking sheets, to many utensils. Unfortunetly, there isn't any pay-off with this dinner - just start to finish pain. The pork chops were not crispy, just heavy and the apricot flavour didn't come through at all. The shallots came out very bitter. The broccolini is barely edible and I'm not sure there is any way to cook it without it going from too tough to too stringy. Thumbs down, way down.

No comments: