Sunday, May 29, 2011

zucchini and chicken salad

My poor family had to endure half a week's worth of meals revolving around zucchini, feta and chicken this past week. I hate to be boring, but when it comes to meal planning I ask Nuno if he's feeling like anything in particular and if he can't contribute then I just go with what's on sale and what's currently in season. But last week, when it came down to it, I had to go with what I was craving. So we had the Grilled Greek Chicken Kebabs with Mint Feta Sauce from Everyday Food, Fresh Flavour Fast. At the same time we cooked the chicken for the next night's meal, Zucchini and Chicken Salad from the first Everyday Food book, Great Food Fast.

Unfortunately the recipe link is broken so I'll explain, along with chicken and zucchini the salad also includes spinach, red onion, Parmesan, pecans and mint. It was our first time making this salad and it was a great way to build a second meal off of a first. It makes use of left over ingredients which is a bonus. The left over dressing from the previous night was delicious on this salad even though the recipe has it's own. So we went between both dressings for dinner and lunches. I think we'll find ourselves relying on these two meal combos in the summer because they are healthy, inexpensive, quick and require very little prep.

No comments: