Monday, November 29, 2010

seared tuna (salmon) steaks with eggplant and scallion sautee and rice pilaf with toasted almonds

To say I'm a little behind with blogging, that's an understatement. Our November was a busy month and the blog suffered, but finishing off Everyday Food hasn't. All this time I've been polishing off the final 10 recipes from the book.

The recipe for Seared Tuna Steaks with Eggplant & Scallion Sautee had a minor revision when I made it the other week. I'm not comfortable feeding Owen Albacore tuna, so I figured subbing in salmon was a better choice since I know Owen loves it. He enjoyed this entire meal, but for me it was good, but not great. I expected so much more of the Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds, but it was nothing special at all.

1 comment:

ali said...

YUM! eggplant with anything makes the meal :)