Sunday, June 26, 2011

mini muffins, mini money

I mentioned a few blog entries back that I have a whole new wardrobe courtesy of my sister Katie but I'm also enjoying a new hand-me-down appliance - this Betty Crocker Mini Muffin Magic. 
I remember when my mom bought this for Katie. She was in early high school and she'd request my dad bring home a coffee and chocolate chip muffin from Tim Horton's every Saturday morning for when she got up (at 11am no less!). My dad never thought it was too much trouble, but my mom must have thought it would be more convenient if we just made these muffins at home.

This week I decided to give this novelty appliance a test run. It's similar to a waffle iron with 5 chambers that you pour your muffin batter into and in five minutes they are ready. I was skeptical, but am so pleasantly surprised with the results. It really works like a charm! 
I bought this PC Chocolate Bran mix and with the addition of dried cherries I've been using the Mini Muffin Maker every morning and they are ready in less than 10 minutes start to finish!  It's been a welcome change having fresh baked muffins instead of pulling out my daily  Raisin Bran Muffins from the freezer every morning.
I decided to make some muffins from scratch Saturday morning. After a dozen Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins were in the oven to bake, there was quite a lot of batter left over. So this is where the Mini Muffin Maker came in REALLY handy. I was able to bake mini muffins for Owen so he didn't have to wait.
"Hellz yeah, Mini Muffinz!" They are the perfect size for him! 

When it comes to muffins nothing beats the real thing. It isn't difficult to get a lot of use out of this appliance because of it's convenience and my muffin habit. I always say I'm not big on extra needless kitchen tools, but as far as I'm concerned this Mini Muffin Maker is about as essential as a waffle iron!

1 comment:

alicia said...

i love mini things AND kitchen appliances! <3

you could probably make mini cupcakes in that baby too!