Monday, May 3, 2010

Owen's a party guy

I'm happy to say that we are now at the point with Owen that we are a lot more free to get out for longer periods of time. The true test was this weekend when we went to Toronto for Katie's Trash Palace birthday party.

Turns out Owen is TP's first baby attendee! He dropped in for a few minutes to visit with friends and family and was then whisked off for the night to be babysat just down the street at Uncle Miguel & Aunt Marcie's condo. Uncle Miguel stayed in and watched over him while Nuno and I had a night out - just like old times.

My cousin made the most amazing birthday cake for Katie.

It's a film reel! Top and bottom are rice krispy treats covered in fondant and the middle was chocolate cake with our grandma's famous chocolate frosting (I gotta get myself this recipe!)

In the background I was yelling, "Katie, push the cookies!" haha. Those are my espresso hazelnut cookies and luckily the majority of those were scooped up as well. I think Jess, Nuno and I should collaborate on a cake - maybe for Owen's first birthday?

Here are some of the party goes with some of the guys who run Trash Palace. I really wish Nuno and I could go to Trash Palace this next week for Watermelon Man.

It was a lot of fun to stroller walk around the streets of Toronto with Owen the next morning. It's not the easiest task being a nursing mom and getting out, but we made it work. On the way home we stopped into Whole Foods. Shopping here is a treat the same way it was when I was in high school shopping for records at Rotate This. I hope to mention more about my Whole Foods purchases in my upcoming Everyday Food recipes this week.

No comments: