Wednesday, March 19, 2014

jamie's fifteen minute meals - thai chicken laska

I got pretty hooked on Save with Jamie there, but over the weekend I cracked open Jamie's other most recent book, Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals. Didn't take very long before I found myself bookmarking many recipes to try. Having had previous experience trying some recipes from this book (Ko Samui Salad and Chicken Fajitas) I have already set the expectation that there is no possible way any of these recipes will be complete in 15 minutes. Now that we've got that out of the way I can appreciate these recipes for being healthy and delicious which is pretty much what's most important anyways.

Kicking things off with Thai Chicken Laska from Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals. We're really getting into Jamie's take on Asian noodle dishes and this one is a must eat again. A coconut and squash broth with asparagus seemed like an odd combination, but it works so beautifully. Jamie is great at taking fresh ingredients and spices, blending them into a flavour paste that creates dinners you really didn't think you'd ever be able to achieve at home. But I'm super glad we're trying all these recipes because I think we'll enjoy dinners like this for years to come.

No comments: