Wednesday, January 16, 2013

shrimp scampi meatballs in garlicky broth

The October 2012 issue of Everyday Food magazine features some amazing meatball recipes. I blogged about the chicken parm meatball last month. It's so good we've actually gone ahead and had it again since. I decided to give another meatball recipe a go, this time for Shrimp Scampi Meatballs in Garlicky Broth.
 Photobucket

This is definitely something different and totally interesting. I've never tasted shrimp scampi before so I can't vouch on how authentic tasting it is, but this was nice. Ground chicken helps to round out these shrimp meatballs which were very simple and quick to make. They held together fantastically straight from shaping to cooking. The garlic broth was fantastic with the flavour of the seafood and lemon helping to boost it. My only issue was the texture of the shrimp. I kept it chunky which made me feel like there were rubbery parts to the chicken and I'm notorious for detecting even the smallest piece of 'non-meat' parts of chicken.

No comments: