Friday, January 25, 2013

lighter eggplant parmesan

This is our dinner of Lighter Eggplant Parmesan from Everyday Food Light. What makes it light is the technique of baking the eggplant first and then assembling it in a lighter tomato bechamel sauce. This is one of the recipes from the book I've made when it was first published in Everyday Food Magazine December 2008 and I distinctly remember not being all that impressed with it. After making it a second time it tasted exactly the same and, again, not anything I'd highly recommend trying. To me, the bechamel sauce was gummy which I believe unintentionally made it heavy.


One of my favourite dinners to order at my favourite Italian restaurant is Eggplant Parmesan so I am probably a little hard to please when it comes to this dinner in particular. I love it coated in breading and deep fried, so I'd be more inclined to do just that for any future eggplant parm dinners. There really is no trade-off comparable to the real deal.

No comments: