Tuesday, July 10, 2012

pasta shells with no-cook tomato sauce

This week I've decided to exclusively make recipes featured in the July/August 2011 issue of Everyday Food magazine.
I'm trying something new and making the daily recipes featured in the Grocery Bag section of the magazine. Every issue of Everyday Food magazine gives you a complete list of dinners planned daily along with a shopping list. 
I snapped this pic and it made for really easy grocery shopping saving me the work of planning the menu and writing out a list.
So to start Monday features Pasta Shells with No-Cook Tomato Sauce. Using all fresh produce eaten raw, this pasta is way more delicious then I would have initially anticipated. The key is to let the sauce sit for a while to let the flavours incorporate. I even cooked the pasta, added it warm to the sauce, mixed and then let it sit for half an hour. By the time we ate this it was fantastic! On a hot day, this is perfect pasta!

No comments: