Thursday, January 30, 2014

save with jamie - chicken & chorizo paella

Oh, how I've always wanted to try making a paella from scratch. Leave it to Jamie to provide a kick-butt super easy version in Save with Jamie. For this Chicken & Chorizo Paella, as the name suggests, you'll find more than just chicken as the main protein as this dinner also includes shrimp and chorizo. We used my in-laws homemade chorizo which made this entire dinner so flavourful! We all just loved it and will make this again indefinitely. 
Arg, again, with the chicken boullion cube! I'm not really loving the taste of it. Not to say I'm totally giving up on them, I think we might just have to try a different brand. Another issue I found with this dinner is the type of rice we used. Jamie suggests using paella or Valencia rice so I'm going to have to do a little searching around for all future paellas as the basmati rice we used just didn't give us the consistency I was after.

No comments: