Wednesday, November 21, 2012

pepperoni pasta bake

The October 2012 issue of Everyday Food magazine had a whole lot of really interesting recipes. I've gone back to it several times and continue to want to try different ones. One in particular that I passed over to only try later is the Pepperoni Pasta Bake. I think it was the word pepperoni that turned me off, but then on a recent grocery trip in the US I found sliced pepperonis and decided to give this a whirl.
These are ricotta and zucchini stuffed shells covered in marinara and topped with pepperoni slices. And it is awesome! We all really enjoyed it. The grated zucchini not only adds a vegetable to this dinner (practically undetectable) but makes the ricotta filling go further. Then the topping of pepperoni crisps up baked and adds so much flavour! I had so much fun making this dinner.
This is a very family friendly dinner and a total keeper.

No comments: