Thursday, May 9, 2013

tabbouleh and lamb kebabs

Yet another recipe from the May 2012 issue of Everyday Food magazine goldmine. This is last night’s Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Tabbouleh.


We don’t get the opportunity to enjoy lamb very often. It's most comonly found as a whole leg, which doesn’t suit weeknight dining. But for these kebabs we used trimmed chops. My husband did a killer job dealing with the lamb. It was seasoned with only ground coriander, salt & pepper. I had my initial hesitations about something so simple, but once they came off the barbeque they were just perfect! The flavour was great even Owen ate his entire portion. He loved the soft pita and plain yogurt accompaniment but rejected the tabbouleh. I’m not terribly surprised about that one. It’s very herb-heavy which is a little intense for a 3 year old. But its that same quality that makes me just love it. I doubled the amount of bulgur the recipe called for to try and tame the herbaceousness of the tabbouleh. It is also one of the simplest tabbouleh recipes I’ve ever come across but a total winner.


This meal proves less is more and minimal amount of ingredients allow flavours to shine through. This is another example of a perfect mid-week spring & summer dinner.

No comments: