Friday, February 8, 2013

steamed flounder with vegetable couscous

This recipe of Steamed Flounder with Vegetable Couscous from Everyday Food Light was one I was really looking forward to. Owen loves couscous and fish so I knew this was something that would please him, not to mention I also enjoy light dinners like these as well.


It wasn't until I started making this that I realized the entire dinner is cooked in the microwave! Something I thought might just ruin it, but intriguing enough to keep an open mind.  Of course, microwave cooking is super fast, so before we even started making the fish we roasted sweet potato wedges in the oven as a side. Now, I should mention, flounder is not a fish we find available around here, so I substituted sole and it worked just perfect.


All I can say is, wow! This dinner is so beyond delicious. We all love it I can't wait for an excuse to make it again. The final drizzle of the dijon based dressing sets everything off. Super fast, light, inexpensive and healthy this is definitely one of the best recipes in Everyday Food Light.

No comments: