Friday, February 15, 2013

red-leaf salad with roasted sweet potatoes

It's always a bit of a challenge getting Owen to eat salads. Sure, gobbs of dressing can certainly help. However, when I came across this Red-Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Everyday Food Light I felt like we might just have a winner. Owen's crazy about roasted sweet potatoes, nuts and yogurt so I was very eager to give this salad a go and see how they taste together.

Our finished salad was quite delicious looking and judging by the high praises the reviews on Martha's website I felt like this might just be a new fav. Taste test time: I enjoyed how healthy this salad is, but didn't really feel the ingredients worked together. And I think Owen felt the same, eating his favourite items and leaving the lettuce and onions. We probably won't bother making this again but would recommend it (especially for vegetarians) since it looks like a whole lot of people really enjoy this recipe.

No comments: