Wednesday, October 26, 2011

turkey potpies

We came home this weekend with a huge take-out container of leftover turkey from a thanksgiving celebration at my in-laws. I decided to make the recipe featured on the cover of this month's issue of Everyday Food, Turkey and Mashed Potato Potpies.
The filling was per the recipe, but since we didn't return home with any mashed potatoes I used a leftover piece of puff pastry, which is more traditional for a potpie anyways. This filling is insanely delicious! I think this is the best potpie we've ever had (the addition of bacon will do that). It was very rich and the combination of cremini mushrooms and peas is a perfect filling.

2 comments:

alicia said...

i want to eat 10 of those. it's killing me that i have to wait another MONTH before i get thanksgiving here!

Erin said...

The US & Canada need to find a mutual date between our two Thanksgivings. Ours is too early in Canada and the US is too late.