Sunday, July 11, 2010

food chronicles of sarnia

There are two food related places I found myself visiting daily while in Sarnia.

First was Coffee Lodge for my morning coffee. I'm not into flavoured coffees, but this place does it *so* right. While there I had Jamaican Rum and Snickerdoodle flavoured coffees. I always stock up on beans on my way home. Their mapled moca java is so amazing I ended up purchasing 5 lbs!


Secondly I found myself always returning to Sunripe.

Sunripe is a locally owned high-end market. I can only describe it as Harvest Barn jacked up. Or a smaller-scale Whole Foods. They do not sell hardly any boxed/pantry goods, mostly farm fresh produce, on-site prepared foods, deli, artisan cheeses and baked goods. Everything about this place is esthetically pleasing. If your looking for cooking and baking inspiration, this is it! I have returned home with a Mexican Fiesta Dip, Cheese Onion Bagels, Coconut Macaroons, Flax Trail Mix and 7 Grain Salad. I'm so surprised I didn't buy more!

No comments: