Saturday, July 3, 2010

canada day

Our plan this year was to spend Canada Day afternoon at Inniskillin Winery where my sister Katie works. Oh my gosh, we had such an amazing day!

They brought in a 'skating rink'. It was actually a bunch of plastic mats that you can actually skate on.

Not as great as a real ice rink, but it seemed to work, especially for this kid who skated circles around me.

At least I can pose like a profesh!

Anna & Michael Olson gave a cooking demonstration.

It was awesome! I absorbed so much information about farm fresh produce including where to buy it, how to store it and above all, how to cook with it and make it taste great. The recipes they shared were crazy delicious. My personal favourite was their corn and blueberry toss. I'll be sure to make it later this summer and blog about it.

Baby's first Canada Day spent at a winery, it must have made him feel patriotic because it didn't take any coaxing to get him to wave this flag. I'm shocked it didn't end up in his mouth!

No comments: