Monday, May 18, 2009

victoria day long weekend pt. 2

I'm so glad I remembered to mark this entry as an entire year of keeping this blog. At first I thought I'd never stick to it, but I get a lot out of keeping a journal, so I'm happy that I started again.

So the rest of this chilly long weekend was spent baking and gardening. I love baking but dislike gardening. But I have to say, a finished garden is about twice as rewarding as a finished baked good (and that includes eating that baked good). I live in a neighbourhood of people who keep beautiful gardens and have very well kept homes. I really feel like we have to do our best to maintain things in the garden just because we have such a visible home.
My mom and I went to the Niagara College Greenhouse to pick out our plants on Sunday. I decided to stick to hostas this year, see if I like them, and maybe in the future switch to shrubs.

My mom had a few pounds of rhubarb she passed along to me. So here's my first attempt at making a rhubarb dessert (and I didn't do the predictable strawberry rhubab pie - although I love them).
Raspberry Rhubarb Biscuit Cobbler. It was alright, I probably won't make it again.

1 comment:

Less Lee Moore said...

I had a really good rhubarb cake the other day, sort of like a pineapple upside down cake, but with a cinnamon streusel type topping. I might have to try and find that recipe for you.