Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Friday marked Nuno & myself celebrating ten years in our relationship. Our lives have really developed together and I constantly think I'm incredibly lucky to have found someone like Nuno. Not only is he an amazing person, but he and I share so many common interests and life goals, it still shocks me how similar our thoughts, taste and ideals are.
Since the lay-off it's really nice to have a house husband right now. Things are getting done around the house during the week which means we can enjoy more free time on the weekends. I come home every night to a completed homemade dinner. I love doing things around the house, but it's nice to have a break and enjoy more leisure time. My job can be so demanding and draining, having a break has left me feeling more upbeat.

We spent a good portion of the weekend watching season 1 of Mad Men. Watching it reminds me of my grandparents in Toronto as their home is pretty much a time capsule of the era. Even some of the references and ideas of the time are things I've always heard growing up through my parents. And of course, another connection I have to this show is their dramatization of the advertising industry cliche’s from college. Anyways, I'm so hooked on this show. We have 3 more episodes of this season to finish and I hope to get through them tonight.

No comments: