Sunday, May 18, 2008

The long weekend has found me starting a new blog. I'm really excited to get back into the swing of writing.

Nuno and I stopped around Olson's bakery for lunch today. They make an amazing sandwich of prosciutto, pears, grainy mustard and melty gooey brie on a fresh baguette. At the table next to us was a couple who frequents the bakery - so much so I recognized them from their appearance on Anna's show 'Fresh'. They had the most adorable bull terrier! They let me give the little guy a cookie from the bakery and he nearly took off my thumb and forefinger. I actually jumped back because I was so startled. And his bite really did smart. Of course I didn't let on.

I just baked a fresh batch of rocky road brownies to bring over to my parents for dinner tonight.



My mom's making her first attempt and copying the Keg's spinach salad which includes mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and almonds. Sounds like a dessert more than a salad.

The sun just came out and there is loads of action along the canal and on the bird feeder. So I think I'll sit on the porch with Hot Tot and enjoy these few moments of sunshine.

No comments: