Saturday, October 4, 2008

annex beer is warm

Yesterday Tot joined Nuno and I to Olson's for lunch. The Ravine location is all decked out in fall, including their menu items.
This sandwich is a fresh turkey with a cranberry dressing. I brought back tarts for my coworkers, maple, pumpkin pie and apple crumble. I had to show my appreciation for their coolness for having Tot join us in the afternoon. She was very well behaved and did me proud. She was loving everyone up and cuddling like crazy.
Becky made the mistake of dropping her head too low and Tot took a dive right into her nose for a slimy kiss.
Tot just couldn't relax all afternoon with so many new and distracting sounds. A couple times she thought it was a good idea to bark and say, 'hello' while we were on the phone. Good thing she was pooped after a day at the office, so we put her into her room and headed to Toronto for the Wedding Present show.
It was awesome - just so spirited. I don't think it's possible for the band to disappoint live. Although the new album is a stinker, I would never give up on them.
See the set list didn't include our wedding's first dance? That's OK, David knows how much the oldies like Dalliance, Kennedy, Lovenest and Gonemean to his fans. Interstate 5 was pretty great live. I wish I could suspend time during songs like those.

After the show Nuno said that David 'shreds' on his guitar. I looked at him puzzled and giggled. I'm not sure who uses that term... but I guess I can picture Gedge shredding a carrot and his guitar is a box grater - so, um, it kinda works. After a while it made me die of laughter reminicing of the time my uncle took my cousin, sister and myself (we were going to see Jeff Buckley and Juliana Hatfield in grade 6) and he went nuts over the opening band, Cold Water Flat. After the show he went up to the lead guitarist/vocalist and proclaimed, "You guys wailed!". I don't know, we thought that might have been appropriate if he'd been cast in Wayne's World, but it was *so* not alternative rock of him to say. Last night I downloaded this song of Cold Water Flat's and now that I'm a bit older, I think my uncle wasn't so far off, wailed may just be appropriate.

No comments: