Monday, August 18, 2008

the video game that might just be good for you



Last Friday, on a whim, I purchased Quick Yoga Training for Nintendo DS. I gave up practicing yoga at a studio in lieu of joining a gym instead, which I'm very happy with, but I really miss studio classes. I was into yoga for about 3 years straight and when I left classes, I felt really good that I had my head around most of the poses. I hoped to keep the practice up on my own, but it's really been quite a challenge. I tried yoga DVDs but found them boring with no variety. So in comes Quick Yoga Training for DS into my life and I think the problem may be solved!

The game has many different default programs targeting different goals but there is also the option for you to create your own programs. All my favourite poses are on file and after creating several of my own programs, I really enjoyed it. Although, it's definitely taking a little getting used to as there isn't a voice coach guiding you through the poses. I am struggling a bit to keep an eye on the display - which can be difficult (especially inverted!). But after this week of DS yoga, I feel really happy and excited to stick to it. The coolest part is if yoga ever gets a bit too serious, I just remind myself that my Nintendo DS is guiding me through yoga and it will never fail to make me chuckle.

No comments: