Saturday, August 13, 2011

how big is owen? this big!

Our longest time away from Owen was our trip to Montreal. How'd he do? Having Nuno and I away didn't seem to bother him one bit. What a great relief it is that Owen's such a cool little guy. I'm still kinda shocked by all the changes we saw upon our return. He learned to say Outside "zoutzide", Owl "wowl" and "My Guy" along to the Mary Well's song. 

A huge step is his constant experimentation of repeating words and sentences back to us, such as naming off every colour in his crayola box. And then there's the not so desirable words that come back to haunt you. I had a frustrating moment with Hot Tot's incessant barking and asked her, "Why must you be so nasty?" Three guesses what came from Owen's mouth after hearing that? "Nasty!"

I thought I'd share a little bit of our lives with Owen caught on iPod in the past 2 weeks.
Owen's been into stickers for a while. Aunt Katie brought Owen some Yo Gabba Gabba stickers the other day and they are quite the hit. He sings the character's names as he places the stickers on whatever surface he pleases.

Owen's taken to dressing himself in the morning. Here's his first attempt.

Owen enjoys time at Nana and Papa's house and gets so pumped up sometimes he feels the need to entertain (especially when Aunt Katie is home too!)

1 comment:

katie a go go said...

LOVE these clips. I especially loved Owen getting dressed since I didn't experience it. I'm completely amazed! He's so smart!! Love the big guy!!!

xoxoxo Aunt Katie