Tuesday, December 31, 2013

meet Clea

She's here and she's wonderful!
This is Clea Jeanne who arrived one week overdue at 7lbs 8oz. Her name up until 2 days before her birth was Cleo. We loved the name Cleo and it first came into consideration back when we were expecting Owen after the Built To Spill song. Then over the years when BTS became an even more important band to us as a family and the song Cleo (about an unborn baby) firmed up our feelings on the name. But after waiting for her to arrive past due, Nuno and I got talking in depth about the name and found the variation, Clea and it felt right.

See how much hair this newborn has? She could have worn barrettes right after birth! Can you believe I didn't endure heartburn during pregnancy?
We came home in time for my birthday and Christmas making both those days so happy and special for all of us. Now she's been home for just over a week and things are coming along nicely. I struggled for three months to get breastfeeding to work for Owen and I. A huge challenge and commitment that I just didn't think I could bare endure a second time. But to my astonishment Clea and I are sailing right along with nursing. Not to say there hasn't been any challenges, I'm recovering from the first stages of mastitis I had over the weekend.
Owen is a wonderful big brother to his sister. He thinks she's the cutest baby he's ever seen and luckily not showing any of those regressive signs you are told to expect of an older sibling. Our only challenge is trying to keep Owen back from kissing her and tickling her feet when she's sleeping. 

 
Check back soon and I'll hopefully be able to share footage of Owen meeting Clea for the first time.

No comments: